Due to recent growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team.
We're looking for someone to join our small but mighty team of 3 very experienced Rails developers - we want you to help us develop critical features, deliver improvements, and ship enhancements to move our product forward and delight our customers.
Craftybase is an inventory MRP solution focused on the specific needs of small, independent direct-to-consumer (DTC) manufacturing businesses. We're a small, agile company working remotely across the globe, and our mission is to help small makers achieve big things.
We're a long-standing, stable, and proudly independently profitable company that believes in growing a business sustainably and responsibly. To do this, we aim to build products that stand the test of time and serve a real need and purpose. We are in it for the long haul.
You are someone who has
- Commercial experience in working on a significantly sized, complex system as a developer working primarily in a Rails environment
- Strong experience with wrangling APIs - we have several integrations that need constant care and attention due to inevitable versioning changes (looking at you, Shopify!).
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; we'd love you to help us level up our processes where possible
- A keenness to occasionally work outside your comfort zone, which may include learning new and old technologies to get the job done.
- A willingness to pitch in and help fix technical support issues when required
- The ability to be pragmatic where required for us to ship code and deliver customer value (whilst still maintaining high quality)
- A self-motivated, creative, and solutions focussed mindset
- A good grasp of written English
It would be a bonus if you also have experience with:
- TailwindCSS, Hotwire, Stimulus, and Turbo (...we're in the process of implementing a new UI)
- Queue processing architectures (we use Sidekiq extensively)
- ThinkingSphinx / Manticore / Sphinx for full-text search and filtering
- jQuery, CSS, and legacy Rails bits and pieces (...we still have old features to support)
- SQL and arel
- Working in and communicating well within a time-zone distributed, remote team (we have team members all around the globe!)
- Competitive salary
- Family-friendly, flexible ways of working
- Join a small, merry band of people that like to get things done
- Work on software used and loved by thousands of small makers
- Fully remote arrangement (we have no "head office")
At Craftybase, we strongly believe in diversity and equality and thus encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities, experiences and ages to apply.
Like to apply?
Send us a message with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile, along with a quick intro about yourself and why you'd like to work for us. From here, we'll be in touch to chat further if we feel you are a good match for our team.