Craftybase helped us make sure we were accounting for everything in our prices, and helped us quickly test what would happen if we changed suppliers to upgrade some of our materials.Jeff Amrhein, Hand and Hide
Inventory + bookkeeping software for your handmade business.
Be better and smarter using our pricing, stock and reporting features.
- Craftybase uses your exact cost of materials and labor to generate pricing suggestions for every product you make. Use our software to be more confident with your pricing and ensure that you are making the profit margins you need to take your business to the next level.
Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Our calculations are GAAP compliant, using IRS approved methods and are suitable for US based small manufacturers.
- Each order is automatically assigned a material usage cost based on your complete inventory history: rather than wrangling excel spreadsheets and stressing over EOY counts, you'll be building up your COGS tally during the year as you make and sell.
Having a business that manufactures products with countless raw materials, Craftybase keeps us organized and helps us have a clear picture of the health of our business.Bri Ussery, The Good Hippie
Compliance & Traceability
- There is no need to track your compliance requirements seperately to your inventory: Craftybase provides you with full traceability of all products and materials.
- Log purchases with lot numbers and associate with your manufacture records to create a purchase-to-sale, GMP and CPSC traceability solution for your handmade manufacturing business.
- Generate a full report in seconds that shows exactly which orders contain a particular lot batch of material - perfect to handle material faults and product recalls!
Product & Order Management
- Our powerful inventory adjustments capabilities can handle any stock change including cancellations, damage and stock loss situations.
- Automatically import your orders and products from sales channels, and see detailed profit breakdowns for orders that include your material costs and incurred expenses.
Craftybase has helped track my customer orders, how much they cost and how much they cost me to make them, keeping me on top of my orders which is so important to my little business.Lorraine Purcell, Lorraine's Cakery
- Direct and indirect expenses can be tracked in Craftybase, using as many custom categories as you like.
- Purchases are associated with your materials, so that accurate up-to-the-minute unit pricing and inventory asset value is automatically calculated based on landed actual costs.
- Expenses can be associated with products or with orders, allowing you to see your exact profit margins for everything you sell.
Being able to categorize expenses and see where each project is costing me has helped me to understand my business and pinpoint areas of high value or expense.Kitty Waters, Oh Crumbs Bakery
Materials & Components
- Keep sortable, searchable lists of all your materials with photos - available online, whereever you are.
- Maintain full purchase histories and have Craftybase auto calculate your rolling average unit prices.
- Create recipes for commonly used combinations of materials, with associated recommended pricing guidance and detailed profit margin calculations.
- Track the hidden costs of making sub-assemblies using components.
Being able to easily add and subtract materials from my master inventory based on daily sales is invaluable in keeping organized & proactive. Managing inventory was a painful, manual, and inaccurate process before I discovered Craftybase.Kara, Kara's Vineyard Wedding
- Traditional, bookkeeper-friendly reports to provide you with the detail you need to be on top of your business: Profit and Loss, Expenditure & Revenue, Inventory Valuation, Schedule C (COGS).
- Popular product and high revenue customer reports gives you the visibility you need to make better decisions for your business.
- Instant profitability guidance feature allows you to see a full breakdown on any of your products or orders.
Craftybase, overall, has helped me streamline my inventory expenses, keep consistent unit costs and allowed me to see through the Reports section, my business grow each year.Shelby Crandell, The Soap Brewhouse
- Craftybase gives you powerful tools to ensure you are completely on top of your consignment stock.
- Create unlimited location records, transfer stock to locations and assign sales to consignees.
- Utilise our location revenue and expense reporting to get a "birds eye view" of your consignment locations.
- Craftybase's powerful stocktaking features will finally free you from huge end of year counts and instead will help ensure you are keeping accurate stock numbers right through the year.
- Material lists can be quickly generated, either randomly, by category or even based on how long it has been since the last count.
- Instant feedback is provided about your stock count accuracy, allowing you to review and take any action to rectify the discrepancy.